This is an easy and colorful pepper and onion salad pairs well with most food. I enjoy pairing this salad with Indian food too. Especially, Indian food that include ginger, garlic, and aromatic spices (i.e. cinnamon, clove, cardamom, star anise etc.) in their recipe. This salad is divine when served cold. You could consider leaving it in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of your meal and serve it cold. I prefer to use the sweeter bell peppers for this salad, mainly the red, yellow and orange bell peppers. You could certainly use a green bell pepper in this salad if you want to.
- 3 Bell Peppers, of assorted colors cut to bite size pieces (20.5oz/572g)
- 1/2 Large Sweet Onion, sliced into thin long pieces (6.6oz/187g)
- Scallions to Taste, cut into 2 in long pieces (I used ~4 stalks of scallions)
- Red Wine Vinegar to Taste (I used approximately 2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil, use any neutral oil and adjust the amount of oil to your preference.
- Salt and Sugar to Taste
- Add peppers, onions and scallions to a mixing bowl.
- Add some salt, sugar, and vinegar and mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Taste salad, adjust the seasoning and mix again.