People either love or hate mushrooms. Rarely have I met someone who thought mushrooms were okay. I love mushrooms because they have a natural umami flavor built in and are an easy addition to any meal or side. This side dish I pulled out of my imagination and it turned out really good. If Camembert is too strong a cheese for you, I would recommend substituting it with Brie. I hope you give this side a try.
- 4 Tbsp Butter (2oz / 56.5g)
- 1/2 Large Sweet Onion, sliced into long thin slices (6.6oz / 187g)
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic, minced
- 16 Oz Sliced White Mushrooms (454g)
- 4 Oz Camembert, using knife gently remove outer cheese casing and cut to large chunks (113g)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Scallions for Garnish (I use about 3 to 4 stalks of scallions depending on its size)
- Melt butter is a large sauté pan.
- Add sweet onion and sauté till translucent. Add a little bit of salt at this point to speed up the cooking process. While onions are cooking rinse the mushrooms throughly and let drain in a colander.
- Add minced garlic and sauté till fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and sauté till soft and all the water from the mushrooms evaporates.
- Add chunks of camembert and cover the sauté pan with a lid for a few seconds till the cheese melts
- Add salt and pepper to taste and turn off heat.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.