This is my second time around heading to the hospital for labor and delivery and I learned a lot the first time. What to pack in your hospital bag for labor and delivery is a very personal topic, but I want to make sure I share these items and tips because this will enable you to have a comfortable, successful labor and delivery experience. I wish I had all of these the first time around because it’s the small items that make a big difference.
Below you will find a series of products that are my versions of each. These represent product prototypes that are important to consider. You can get these items specifically, if you don’t have them, but these are more of examples. Because you know the brands you like best, so stick with what you know and rock it with these products.
The Hospital Bag
Here are the links to most of the products in my hospital bag and I hope this helps you plan what to bring to the hospital when you deliver your baby.
Labor and Delivery
- Labor and Delivery Gown: http://a.co/d/0YBwheI
- Cozy socks: http://a.co/d/dbxDO8j
- Flip Flops: http://a.co/d/2NlERuj
- Charging cords for all your devices
- Bed Phones: https://bit.ly/2KNp75l
- Nursing Tank: http://a.co/d/262gK7D
- Jogger Pants: https://oldnvy.me/2Oq8IKa
- Long loose cardigan: https://bit.ly/2P3bGUa
- Night dress: https://bit.ly/2PGxYZe
- Robe: https://bit.ly/2IXvBhW
- Going home outfit: https://gap.us/2NKM3TH
- Nursing bra: https://amzn.to/2CLhnjP
- Underwear: I plan on wearing the mesh underwear that the hospital provides, but also plan on bringing a few adult diapers. This is in case you run out of what they give you at the hospital.
- Travel size toiletries that work with your skin, but I packed additional items as well. These include chap stick, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, shampoo, body wash, face and body lotion, make-up removers, and a hand sanitizer.
Ask your OB/Gyn if you should consider taking Mira-lax postpartum instead of Colace.
- Small Make-up Bag (Pack products that work well for you)
- Foundation: https://seph.me/2BuUIr0
- Setting Powder: https://seph.me/2Oq9I0S
- Face palette: https://seph.me/2Abjon8
- Marc Jacobs Mascara: https://seph.me/2E3EHei
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer: https://seph.me/2w5Y3sE
- Eye Lash Curler: https://seph.me/2QVwWZx
- Sephora Lip Cream Stain: https://seph.me/2wg5qN6
- Brushes and beauty blender per your preference for application
- Nursing Pillow: https://amzn.to/2OrxPfu
- Reusable Nursing Pads: https://amzn.to/2yIKoYW
- Lanolin ointment: https://amzn.to/2yKfhMG
- Heating pad (Hospital may provide): https://amzn.to/2yKheZw
- Personal Pillow (mainly for comfort)
The Hospital Bag Video
The video covers most of the same topics, but also adds product reviews and reasoning for each item! I hope you enjoyed What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag for Labor and Delivery and look forward to your comments on YouTube!