This recipe is a good appetizer or a side dish. We used to eat this Egg Masala with fancy Indian meals like Biryani and simple Indian meals like Puliyogare. This spiced eggs go well with literally anything and they are so easy to make. My toddler has not decided if she likes eating hard boiled eggs or not. However, she loves to eat Egg Masala every single time. I hope you enjoy it as much as she and I do.
- 4 Tbsp Canola Oil (45g)
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Medium Onions, cut into long thin slices (125g)
- Pinch of Turmeric, approx 1/4 Tsp
- 3/4 Tsp Salt (5g)
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper (1g)
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder (1.5g)
- Cilantro for Garnish
- Add egg to a pot and cover with water.
- Bring water in pot to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- After eggs are cooked turn off heat, set aside to cool, and when cool peel eggs and cut eggs into halves.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan to medium heat.
- When the oil is hot add onion slices and sauté till soft.
- Add ground spices and sauté for a few seconds.
- Place the egg halves face down (yolk side down) in the sauté pan.
- Let eggs sit in the pan for about two minutes.
- Gently flip each egg half to the other side, and turn off heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.