This is a quick but delicious side that goes great with an asian inspired meal. Recently I shared with you my fried rice recipe and I love pairing this side with my friend rice to add more vegetables to my meal. Also, my toddler loves green beans so this side is a hit in my home. I hope you give this easy green bean side a try and I would love to hear your feedback from trying this recipe.
- 2 Tbsp Butter (28g)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, chopped or julienned (65g)
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Red Pepper, chopped (61g)
- 10 Oz Frozen Green Beans, precut (284g)
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Sugar to Taste, I prefer using Erythritol
- In a small mixing bowl add chopped roasted red pepper, white wine vinegar, A pinch of Salt and Sugar, and mix well. Set aside till it is needed.
- Heat butter in a flat fry pan on medium low heat and add garlic.
- When the garlic is fragrant, add onions and sauté till soft.
- Add roasted red peppers and sauté for about a minute.
- Add green beans and sauté till beans are soft and retain a bit of church. To speed up the cooking process add a little bit of salt.
- Add soy sauce and cook till it evaporates.
- Test green beans to make sure it is cooked and adjust salt and sugar as needed.
- When done turn off heat and serve.